We, Alliance Learning The Hurst Building Horwich Loco Estate Horwich Bolton BL6 5UE are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you via our website.
Data Protection Legislation
We are registered under current data protection legislation and comply with such legislation including The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) in all our dealings with your personal data.
Use And Collection Of Personal Information
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. However, there are areas of our website where we do gather data as follows:
• If you submit an enquiry via our website you will be asked to provide certain information, including name, e-mail address and contact number.
• If you register on our website to receive newsletters from us you will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address.
• If you purchase items via our website you will be asked to register and provide information including name, address, business name, e-mail, telephone number and payment details.
Payment details are collected via a secure third party site and neither we nor the third party site retains this information once payment has cleared. We also use a onsite finance system for accounting purposes.
We may use information that you provide:
• To register you with our website and to administer it
• To deal with your enquiry which may include contacting you directly and supplying quotations and further information about our services including training and events that may be relevant to your enquiry
• For assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services
Any external links that you may visit from our website is not our responsibility. Once you click on a link to an external site it will be subject to that organisation’s privacy policies, and not ours.
If you go on to use the services of Alliance Learning we shall hold your data no longer than necessary. In the event you do go on to use our services there may be times when we need to pass your details on to a registered institute or awarding body for certification purposes. We currently use for accreditation purposes the following bodies.
• City & Guilds
• British Safety Council
• MHFA (England)
If you do not proceed with our services, we shall hold your data for a period of no less than 3 years or until you tell us not to or unless we deem it appropriate to hold your data for longer.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, please leave immediately and then delete and block all cookies.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The information you supply is used by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, an executive agency of the Department for Education (DfE), to issue you with a Unique Learner Number (ULN) and to create your Personal Learning Record, as part of the functions of the DfE. For more information about how your information is processed, and to access your Personal Learning Record, please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lrs-privacy-notices