Course Overview (Benefits)
This course aims to provide basic working knowledge and some practical experience of electrical installation in single phase and 3 phase.
It is a requirement that all candidates provide PPE.
Course Content/Topics Covered
Part 2 Course Content: PE02/037 - Maintenance
• Three phase:
- Clamp on ammeter
- Testing motors
- Resistance of phases
- Insulation between phases
- Insulation to earth (Health & Safety as above) Wiring and connecting starter and motors
- Removal of fuses, awareness of locking off and permits to work
- Wire simple starter
- Wire direct on starter and motor
- Wire star delta starter and motor
• Check starter and running currents of the above instar or delta (Health & Safety under close supervision of Alliance Instructor), subject to delegates ability (assessed by Alliance Instructor), a selection from:
- Develop circuit diagram and wire 3 starters and motors to run in sequence
- Wire crane control panel, 3 motors and check using test instruments
- Wire motors highlighting starting currents and running currents
- Follow simple schematic drawings, wiring motor and control gear
• Course review and evaluation
Course Duration (days):
Candidates who wish to gain electrical skills.
Assessment and Certification
Throughout the course, you will build a portfolio of your work and this will be assessed upon completion of the course. Once this has been assessed and you have successfully passed, you will be awarded with an Alliance Learning certificate of competence.
An EAL accredited unit of competence can be achieved at additional costs and duration time.
Method of Delivery: