Level 2 Team Leading Intermediate Apprenticeship
Why choose a Team Leading Apprenticeship with us?
We offer Team Leading Apprenticeships throughout Greater Manchester. Team Leading is the correct route if you are a Team Leader, a Shift Leader, a Senior Administrator or a Co-Ordinator. It is a vocational, work-based course which gives you the opportunity to earn while you learn. If you want to gain a nationally recognised qualification at the same time as gaining valuable work experience in a Team Leading role, this course is ideal for you.
What does a Team Leading Apprentice do?
- Manages their own workload whilst leading others
- Works effectively with other people
- Plans and implements change
- Manages a project or budget
- Encourages innovation
- Carries out operational plans
- Recruits staff
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should:
- Have good literacy skills
- Be able to work quickly and accurately
- Communicate effectively
- Have an eye for detail
- Motivate other staff members
- Have problem solving ability
- Plan the team’s work
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Be able to make decisions
What is the duration of the course?
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in Team Leading usually takes 12-15 months to complete and the Level 3 in Management takes 18-24 months.
How can I progress in Team Leading?
After completing the Level 2 in Team Leading, you could progress onto your Level 3 in Management (equivalent to 2 A-Level passes).
What Qualifications will I gain?
1. NVQ in Team Leading:
The National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) will be gained through on the job training and the assessment of this which includes written assignments, multiple choice exams, observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, work product , guided discussions and personal statements.
2. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR):
Employment Rights and Responsibilities cover legislation and other key policies you need to know and understand, relevant to your job role.
3. Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT:
Functional Skills are qualifications in Maths, English and ICT that equip learners with the practical skills needed to learn, live and work successfully.
4. PLTS (Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills):
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS:
- Independent Enquiry
- Creative Thinking
- Reflective Learning
- Team Working
- Effective Participation