Course Overview (Benefits)
This course is for those who have previously completed the 2 day Site Supervisor Safety training scheme. The aim of this course:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health & Safety executive direction of enforcement
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environment issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices
- To enable delegates to implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
- To enable delegates to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor
A previous SSSTS certificate is required to attend the course. Photographic I.D is required (E.g. CSCS Card, Driving License, etc) along with your National Insurance Number.
Course Content/Topics Covered
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course. The course will be delivered in on day consisting of 7.5 hours of training including a measurement of learning outcomes and practical measured element.
Course Duration (days):
Delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance. This course must be attended before the expiry date of the original certificate.
Assessment and Certification
You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test. Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
Method of Delivery: