Course Overview (Benefits)
This course is aimed at 'competent persons' within the workforce and aims to raise awareness of company procedures and to identify the correct use and limitations of fire extinguishers. The aim of this course:
- Conformance to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Recognise and reduce the risk of death or harm to employees caused by fire
- Recognise and reduce the risk of damage to property caused by fire
Candidates will be asked to get involved in a Practical session on fire extinguishers.
Suitable outdoor clothing should be worn for the practical which is completed outside.
Alliance Learning Certificate
Course Content/Topics Covered
This course covers a wide range of topics including:
- Action on discovering fire
- Common causes of fire
- Fire drills & evacuation
- Fire safety legislation
- Fire safety precautions
- Chemistry of fire
- Role of the fire marshal
- Practical use of fire extinguisher on fully controllable gas rig
Course Duration (days):
Competent persons within the workplace.
Assessment and Certification
You will be assessed by a practical observation. Upon successful completion, delegates will be awarded with an Alliance Learning certificate which is advised to be renewed every 12 months.
Method of Delivery: