Course Overview (Benefits)
The aim of this course is to cover safety aspects of maintaining and use of abrasive wheels. This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety Executive. The aim of this course is to:
- Conformance with relevant Health & Safety regulations
- Recognition of hazards and the understanding of precautions to reduce accidents
No special requirements course materials provided.
Alliance Learning Certificate
Course Content/Topics Covered
The course covers:
- Methods of storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels
- Mounting of abrasive wheels, film and review
- Selection, Inspection, Mounting, Dressing and Truing Rest-adjustment
Please note - The grinding or cutting practical element can be covered in a separate course.
Course Duration (days):
This course is designed for all personnel who have been appointed to mount or use abrasive wheels. This training is required in order to comply with PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998)
Assessment and Certification
As this is an Alliance Learning awareness course, there will be no assessments to complete. Upon completion, delegates will be awarded with an Alliance Learning certificate.
Method of Delivery: