Apprentice Medical Receptionist/Administrator
|Vacancy Ref: VC0742||Sector: Customer Service|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL3|
|Salary/Hour: £177.97 per week||Hours: 37|
|Entry Qualifications: A-C / 4+ In English and Maths GCSE|
Skills & Qualities:
• Good communication skills and have an excellent telephone manner
• Good IT skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
• Great organisational skills and be able to plan, organise, and prioritise
• Passionate about doing a good job
• Committed to achieving common company goals
• A great team player
• Able to maintain confidentiality
Customer Service Apprentice | Deane Healthcare Clinic
About the company: Deane Healthcare Clinic is a One Stop Health Centre established since 2000. They are a long-established GP practice in Bolton, on the outskirts of Manchester. Our family doctors work with Nurses, Midwives, Health Visitors, Social Workers, and support staff to provide comprehensive Primary Care Services for all our patients.
The practice offers a full range of services with preventive medicine playing a primary role. We offer a personal and friendly service and encourage our patients to take an active interest in their own health care.
They are a modern, up-to-date practice and take full advantage of developments within the NHS to provide their patients with the best available services. They keep abreast of the latest improvements in medical and surgical care and strive to bring them to our patients whilst still ensuring that our traditional values of patient care and comfort are maintained.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
• Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
• Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
• Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
• Receive and make telephone calls as required
• Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
• Enter requests for home visits into the visit book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor
• Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually
• Prepare lists and notes for all surgeries and clinics held, ensuring completion of all associated paperwork
• Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non-general Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
• Enter patient information on to the computer as required
• Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
• Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen
• Ensure records are kept in good repair with all necessary information on the outside cover clearly visible.
• Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff
• Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
• Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager
• In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
• In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
• Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
• Health & Safety: The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy.
• Equality and Diversity: The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers, and colleagues
• Quality: The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice,
• Communication: The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team
If candidates are successful, a clear DBS check and 2 references will be required before, starting the position.