Mechanical Fitter Apprentice
|Vacancy Ref: VC0734||Sector: Mechanical Engineering|
|Location: Manchester||Postcode Area: M28|
|Salary/Hour: £285.20 per week||Hours: 40|
|Entry Qualifications: A-D/3+ In English and Maths GCSE|
Skills & Qualities:
• Positive attitude
• Work ethic
• Team work
• Problem solving
• Empathy for others
• Willingness to go extra mile when required
• Hand skills
• Level of physical fitness
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to recent contract awards and rapid business expansion The WA Cooke Group – Site Services Division is openly recruiting for an Apprentice Mechanical Fitter’s to gain knowledge and experience of the wastewater industry.
About The WA Cooke Group:
The WA Cooke Group core value is integrity. This value is the back bone of a business that has been in service since 1926. The company maintains its standing within the industry based of this single core value; displaying integrity to clients, customers, suppliers and most importantly employees.
WAC Group have two factories, one in Manchester and a second in Cambridge. Personnel may be required to work out of either site to support customers local to the area.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industry. We have proven expertise in delivering a range of complex projects nationally, and have strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
During your apprenticeship and time at Alliance Learning you will gain/learn:
• Hands on experience working in the waste water treatment industry. This includes screening machinery such as escalator screens and CSO screens etc., de-watering units and compactors, grit rakes and machined parts, scraper bridge assemblies, penstocks, valves, and pumps
• Experience working with bearings, coupling, bushes and other high tolerance components
• Ability to problem solve and diagnose faults on machinery and equipment
• Experience of working within an engineering environment, providing at least a very basic level of safety awareness
• Personal tool kit capable of stripping and rebuild most mechanical components
• Working to engineering drawings to a high level of accuracy to ensure components are installed and set out accurately.
• Championing an industry leader on health and safety to ensure The WA Cooke Group continue to set the standard for quality and best practice
• Ensuring your work complies with project documentation
• An ability to manage dynamic change and communicate with the project manager and clients