|Vacancy Ref: VC0733||Sector: Mechanical Engineering|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL3|
|Salary/Hour: £214.50 per week||Hours: 39|
|Entry Qualifications: A-C / 4+ In English and Maths GCSE|
Skills & Qualities:
• Good communication skills.
• Good team working skills.
• Good organisation skills and confidence to work independently.
• Logical thinking to be able to apply processes.
• Have a rational approach to problem solving, making judgements based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner.
• High numeracy and literacy skills.
Park Cakes Bolton | Engineering Technician Apprentice
During your Apprenticeship you will learn and obtain experience in the fundamentals of mechanical and electrical engineering, primarily through training and mentoring from all the Engineering functions, from shadowing the shift Engineers, rotating around the Engineering department, gaining experience with Site Services, stores, and Engineering Planning.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will be taught, and will put into practice, engineering skills which will be key for a junior engineering role within Park Cakes Bolton.
Throughout the apprenticeship you are required:
• Develop electrical, mechanical and process automation skills.
• Learn the theory and practical applications of packaging & production equipment operation and maintenance.
• Support engineering projects consisting of designing, installation, and commissioning.
• Perform unplanned equipment repairs through fault finding and diagnosis.
Several responsibilities and KPIs need to be achieved:
• Shadowing Shift Engineer – Shift Timetable will allocate an engineer to work with the Apprentice on multiple skills
• Report to Reliability Engineering Manager – Day to day responsibility of the Apprentice
• Number of Tasks and challenges to be set to work and coincide with apprentice modules and workbook.
• Involved with departmental and individual KPIs
• Projects – Apprentices are invited to work on current projects and are encouraged for them to propose projects based their experience and contribution.