Apprentice Mechatronics Technician
|Vacancy Ref: VC0600||Sector: Engineering Maintenance|
|Location: Bury||Postcode Area: BL8|
|Salary/Hour: £236.06 per week||Hours: 37 per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE grades A*–C / 9–4 (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science.|
Skills & Qualities:
• “Can do” attitude
• Eager to learn
• Able to follow instructions
• Willingness to learn
• Well-presented and with good manners
Kadant UK Ltd, a global supplier of high-value, critical components and engineered systems used in process industries worldwide, has an opportunity for 2x ambitious Mechatronic Technician Apprentices to join their team. Their products, technologies, and services play an integral role in enhancing process efficiency, optimising energy utilisation and maximising productivity in resource-intensive industries.
The roles will be site based at Riverside Works, Woodhill Road, Bury, Lancashire.
• Support and assist our Production Management Team, working under direction from sector Team Leaders.
• Mechanical assembly of engineered component parts.
• Electrical testing of Control Panels.
• Involvement with in-house process automation.
• Inspection and final testing of manufactured equipment prior to shipping to our International customers.
• Maintain a safe working environment by following all Company rules.
• Maintain professional, respectful and timely service.
• Once time-served, opportunity to travel throughout the UK and worldwide to install / commission / service and troubleshoot Kadant products.
• Full Apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Level 3 Mechatronics Technician Apprenticeship.
• Mentor & training buddy will be provided in the workplace.
This Apprenticeship will delivered by Alliance Learning in Horwich, Bolton and will start in September 2021. Please note that for the first year, you will spend 4 days a week at Alliance Learning, with second year onwards reverting to 1 day a week.