Apprentice Receptionist / Administrator
|Vacancy Ref: VC0598||Sector: Business Administration|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL1|
|Salary/Hour: £129.00 per week||Hours: 30 per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-C / 4+ (or equivalent) in English and Maths|
Skills & Qualities:
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook software packages
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, both oral and written
• Ability to organise efficiently and prioritise to meet deadlines
• Genuine team worker
• Enthusiastic, conscientious and hardworking
• The ability to work in a calm and logical manner and to multitask in a busy environment
• Discretion and the ability to keep information confidential at all times
Joining their ever-growing nursery, you will become a vital part of our team working on the reception as an Apprentice Administrator.
Duties will include:
• To provide day to day support for the work of the Nursery Manager and Deputy Managers.
• Provide a knowledgeable and courteous information service to parents and staff within the School and Nursery, suppliers and outside agencies.
• To maintain a friendly yet constructive relationship with parents of children at the Nursery and with prospective visiting parents.
• To receive incoming calls, relaying information to those concerned and taking action if necessary.
• To be responsible for processing Nursery child application forms.
• To type letters and produce application packs for prospective parents and forward as necessary.
• To take requests for additional/temporary sessions and forward to Management for approval.
• To be jointly responsible for maintaining accurate child records and appropriate filing systems.
• To input data on the Database, compiling weekly and monthly reports from the database when necessary and maintaining accurate records.
• Working alongside the other admin staff to control the bookings of meetings, viewings, maintenance requests in conjunction with other members of staff.
• To be responsible for maintaining and updating staff records on the Staff database and manual files.
• To arrange bookings, organise events for all Nursery functions and events in conjunction with the Nursery Manager and Deputy Managers
• To jointly organise and oversee extra activities for the children i.e. swimming lessons, photographs etc.
• To liaise with the Finance Department regarding fee issues and queries on behalf of the parents and ensure Finance are aware of any changes to sessions which may affect billing.
• To collect and organise relevant information for parents (e.g. leaflets, booklets, posters) to ensure that display material is updated on a regular basis.
• To be responsible for all authorised ordering and delivery schedules.
• To update daily information accessible to parents online as necessary and appropriate.
• To be responsible for collating finance invoices for management authorisation.
• To attend staff meetings, occasional training days and open mornings as and when required.
• Comply with and promote the Foundation’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and maintain a safe environment for pupils, staff and visitors ensuring that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons.
• To be familiar with relevant policies and procedures and to take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people in School.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time within the context of the post.
You will be a valued team member and gain the hands-on skills, knowledge and behaviours of working in an office environment alongside gaining a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship and completing a day release programme with Alliance Learning.