Apprentice General Practice Receptionist
|Vacancy Ref: VC0587||Sector: Business Administration|
|Location: Horwich||Postcode Area: BL6|
|Salary/Hour: £161.25 per week||Hours: 37.5 per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE grades A-D / 4+ (or equivalent) in Maths and English.|
Skills & Qualities:
We are looking for a friendly, reliable, hardworking person to become part of our busy team.
• Enjoy a busy environment
• Have confidence when on the telephone
• Have an understanding and follow confidentiality at all times
• Work as a team member and be able to prioritise workload
• Have good time keeping
• With compassion and a positive attitude
• Responsibility for providing first-line contact for patients on behalf of the Centre and dealing with their requests in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Responsibility for liaising with the different services.
• Contributes to the delivery of a range of services for patients.
• Assists with the general duties on the Practice reception.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Here you will be following policies and procedures to include health and safety. Duties will include:
• Using word processing skills to input details, referral letters and external correspondence.
• Problem solve
• Deal with customers – booking appointment, referrals and queries
• Summarising of medical records.
• Undertakes surveys/audits
• Contributes and makes suggestions for improving service provision.
• Ensuring that the Reception and Waiting area is kept in order.
• Making and receiving calls
• Understanding of medical terminology.
• Maintain high standards at all times - Ensuring practice complies with the Approved Code of Practice in Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
• To ensure that Health and Safety legislation is complied with at all times, including COSHH, Workplace Risk Assessment and Control of Infection.
• Ensure All information relating to patients and staff gained through your employment with this Practice is confidential.
Alongside this you will complete a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship, gaining the hands-on skills and knowledge to tie in with the work experience you are gaining from the company.