Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
|Vacancy Ref: VC0584||Sector: Children & Young People's Workforce|
|Location: Westhoughton||Postcode Area: BL5|
|Salary/Hour: £172.00 per week||Hours: 40 per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE grades 3+ / A* - D (or equivalent) in Maths and English.|
Skills & Qualities:
• A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
• Excellent communication skills with children, colleagues, parents and carers
• Enthusiasm for working with young children
• Reliability and trustworthiness
• Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills
This is an exciting and progressive opportunity to join an Ofsted rated 'Good' Nursery based in Westhoughton, Bolton.
Your duties will include:
• To provide a high standard of Physical, Emotional, Social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting.
• To track children’s development following the EYFS.
• To Contribute towards planning and operate a programme of activities suitable for the age range of children.
• To keep a record of achievement file on your key children, to track development accordingly,
• Support all staff and engage in effective teamwork.
• Liaise with and support parents and carers.
• To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed.
• To maintain a professional, friendly and caring demeanour always.
• To actively promote promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are always covered.
• To ensure a stimulating environment is maintained for the children using displays, children’s work and appropriate arrangement of equipment.
Alongside this you will complete a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship, gaining the hands-on skills and knowledge to tie in with the work experience you are gaining from the company.