Apprentice Sheet Metal / Plastic Worker
|Vacancy Ref: VC0580||Sector: Fabrication & Welding|
|Location: Horwich||Postcode Area: BL6|
|Salary/Hour: £246.00 per week||Hours: 40 per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE 4+ / A-C or equivalent in Maths and English.|
Skills & Qualities:
• Works as a Team player
• Is Punctual
• Willingness to work overtime / extended days once trained, if required
• Problem solving and ‘can do’ attitude
• It would be useful to have a Resistant Materials GCSE, but not essential
• Alongside Basic Computing skills.
• We are a growing business so are looking for someone who is committed to developing and progressing, a commitment to start your career with us with a passion for Engineering.
Work on all aspects of ductwork manufacture, from receiving a job, to manufacture and finishing of job ready for despatch to site or customer.
Working for our company, you will become part of a growing award winning business who manufacturers and supplies a complete range of ventilation ductwork and ancillaries to installers throughout the UK. We are now looking for someone to gain the vital hands on skills, knowledge and work experience to become a Sheet Metal Worker within our business.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Following all Health & Safety systems
• Learn to operate all workshop equipment, including CNC plasma cutting and welding
• Learn how to read engineers drawings
• Learn how to input Jobs onto system
• Learn Production Control system
• Learn how to draw patterns on CAD for manufacture
• Identify different items for manufacture
• Learn which seams are required for each job and assemble ductwork
• Cut, fit and fasten flange systems
• Quality Control items for dispatch
• Introduction to Lean Manufacturing
As an apprentice with Pure Fabs, you would also be involved in areas within our group of companies, Pure Vent and Pure Labs. You would spend on construction sites, learning how to install ventilation systems and be trained in all of the Health & Safety aspects of this part of our industry and gain your CSCS card amongst other qualifications. You would also spend time learning about the assembly and installation of fume cupboards and ventilation systems both within our workshop and on site.