Apprentice Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
|Vacancy Ref: VC0577||Sector: Engineering Maintenance|
|Location: Horwich||Postcode Area: BL6|
|Salary/Hour: £161.25 per week||Hours: 37.5 per week|
|Entry Qualifications: Minimum GCSE Grade 4 in Mathematics, English & Physics or Science. Any candidate with transportable skills will be considered.|
Skills & Qualities:
It is Essential that the candidate -
1. Approaches work and processes in a logical and methodical manner and is highly organised..
2. Is dependable.
3. Is self-motivated.
The candidate should display
1. A positive attitude.
2. A willingness to be part of a team.
The Company is expecting to employ and support a candidate with high ambition to achieve qualifications beyond Level 3 after the Apprenticeship.
This company produces a wide range of non-woven fabrics and insulation products used in the construction, logistics and medical sectors. In achieving its goals a varied suite of manufacturing machines are employed, of which the majority have been built in-house.
Working as part of the Engineering Maintenance Team the successful applicant will carry out the following tasks:
• Attend Breakdowns.
• Carry out preventative maintenance tasks.
• Carry out equipment improvements including PLC program changes
• Design of Equipment and Process lines (CAD) including incorporation of safety components.
• Machine building including control panel builds.
• Installation of Equipment
• Commissioning of equipment.
Alongside this you will complete a Level 3 Mechatronics Technician Apprenticeship, gaining the hands-on skills and knowledge to tie in with the work experience you are gaining from the company.
Working pattern is Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm.
Please note you will start in the company in August 2021 and start day release training at Alliance Learning in September 2021.