Craft / Manufacturing Apprentice
|Vacancy Ref: VC0545||Sector: Fabrication & Welding|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL2|
|Salary/Hour: £153.55 per week||Hours: 37 horus per week|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A* - D (or equivalent) in English and Maths|
Skills & Qualities:
• Literacy will be important in reading drawings, instruction manuals, and completing records.
• IT skills in Word, Excel and E-mails will be an advantage.
• An individual who has an acumen/interest in mechanical aspects will prove beneficial.
• Good communication skills and ability to listen and understand instructions essential.
• A positive attitude from a dependable motivated individual who outwardly demonstrates an eagerness to learn are always well received.
• Good concentration
Craft / Manufacturing Apprentice | Booth Industries Ltd
A Craft Apprenticeship is being offered within the Manufacturing Workshops of Booth Industries Limited based in Bolton. The company specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of high integrity steel doors ranging from personnel access sized doors up to aircraft hangar sized doors, all of which are manufactured in-house by Booth’s experienced fabrication and welding operatives.
The successful candidate will work alongside the manufacturing operatives and will be trained to undertake the various duties. These will include:
• Using a variety of Welding techniques including MIG and MMA.
• Reading and understanding technical drawings
• Measuring, cutting and folding using various types of machinery.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools.
• As well as any other associated task within the manufacture of structural steelwork and sheet metal assemblies, including following Health and Safety at all times.
Alongside this you will also complete day release training at Alliance Learning to complete a Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship and gain the hands on skills and knowledge to tie in with the work experience you are gaining from the company.
The Company undertakes works of a sensitive nature for various Government institutions, including the supply of security products to various industries, for which Security Clearances are required and therefore it will be important that the successful candidate will have held a British Passport for a minimum of 7 years and not hold a criminal record that may compromise this as training could involve working on such projects.