Event Production Apprentice
|Vacancy Ref: VC0465||Sector: Performing Manufacturing Operations|
|Location: Manchester||Postcode Area: SK4|
|Salary/Hour: £117.00 per week||Hours: 30|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-D or equivalent in Maths and English.|
Skills & Qualities:
The successful candidate must:
• High personal and professional standards, well organised and punctual and an excellent eye for details.
• Able to manage your own time and work with other team members to ensure the timely completion of required tasks.
• Must be able to work to a production plan and keep to deadlines.
• Have experience in manual labour duties, including heavy lifting, carrying and moving all types of equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible, unsociable hours.
• Confident, personable and driven
• Must be fit, healthy and presentable.
• Work well under pressure.
• Have a good sense of humour.
• Enjoy working with people and sharing ideas.
• Be organised, self motivated and reliable.
Event Production Apprentice | Visual Architects Ltd
Visual Architects Ltd is a well established, Manchester based Event Décor and Production company. We work with some of the best events supplying décor, installations and set designs. We are based in Manchester however we work all across the UK, Dubai, Ibiza and Greece.
Some of our recent events include Star Wars Convention, illumiNaughty, Cirque Du Soul, Kendal Calling, Parklife, Creamfields and a lot more. So what do we do? We come up with a theme, then our design team come up with ideas and how things will look and then these ideas move to our Warehouse / Construction team and using a CNC welding, carpentry laser cutters and loads of hand tools we bring the ideas to life.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Carrying out manufacturing activities to ensure the efficient and effective production of set design.
• In this role you will be working alongside the project manager from the planning all the way to the delivery stage of our products. You will plan the job make sure its installed at the specified event. You will also be responsible to liaise with the client and make sure their needs and WANTS are delivered to the highest standard.
• You will be working from our office and warehouse however you will be onsite on a variety of venues across the uk and sometimes abroad occasionally being away for a number of consecutive days.
The successful applicant will also work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Performing Manufacturing Operations at Alliance Learning. You will gain an NVQ Level 2, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.