Apprentice Document Controller
|Vacancy Ref: VC0425||Sector: Business Administration|
|Location: Bury||Postcode Area: BL9|
|Salary/Hour: £230.76 per week (£12k per year)||Hours: 38|
|Entry Qualifications: GSCE’s or equivalent A* - C in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
• Self-motivation to complete work within set deadlines
• Methodical and conscientious approach to work
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal relationships and ability to work as part of a team
Apprentice Document Controller | William Hare
William Hare, an International award-winning company based in Bury has an amazing opportunity to work with WHL Quality Improvement Manager on aspects of quality assurance and quality control and any other duties within the boundary of the job, the ability of the individual, and health and safety requirements.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for:
• Handling all incoming and outgoing documents for a designated project and ensuring that these are uploaded / downloaded to client web portals as required.
• Ensure such documents are recorded in HDS / Manual Registers as appropriate.
• Assist in the distribution of such documents within internal WHL departments as directed by the Project Team.
• Assist in the distribution of such documents externally to sub-contractors as directed by the Project Team.
• cover the work of other Document Controllers during periods of holidays or and sick leave.
• To undertake Post Room duties on a rotating cycle.
• provide temporary cover for other roles (e.g. Helpdesk Administration).
• General Support duties to ensure the smooth running of the company as a whole (e.g. ensuring adequate stocks of paper, printer toners etc. and ensuring that support issues related to copying and printing hardware are promptly dealt with).
• To be fully responsible for all work undertaken and ensure that self-checking is completed.
• Supervision and on the job training of other team members.
• To ensure that all download / upload activities are processed within 48 working hours max & to highlight to the Lead Document Controller any issues preventing the achievement of this.
• Any other duties as required.
The successful applicant will also work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Adminsitration with Alliance Learning. You will gain an NVQ Level 2, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills.