Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
|Vacancy Ref: VC0369||Sector: Children & Young People's Workforce|
|Location: Leigh||Postcode Area: WN7|
|Salary/Hour: £160.00 per week||Hours: 40|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-C or equivalent in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
• Enjoys working with and assisting in the development of Children
• Previous experience with dealing with children, can be work related or personal.
• Is self motivated and can use own initiative
• Positive attitude
• Outgoing - Not afraid to get involved
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner | Fairfield Nursery
Outstanding opportunity to join the team at one of the two sites of a childcare group who, for over 24 years have always prided themselves on providing a high standard of care and education for babies and young children. The group have a proven track record in progressing apprentices with many of them being long standing members of staff.
Daily duties will include:
• Assisting in looking after children and being responsible for their development and welfare.
• Feeding/supervising/assisting/preparation of snacks/meals
• Arts and crafts activities
• Outdoor activities
• Sensory play – including wet and soft play
• Interactions with children of all ages
• Completing the learning journeys paperwork
• Assisting with School pickups & drop offs where necessary
• Helping to maintain a clean and safe environment
• Interacting with parents/carers
The successful applicant will also work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children & Young People's Workforce. You will gain an NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills.