Apprentice Nursery Assistant
|Vacancy Ref: VC0367||Sector: Children & Young People's Workforce|
|Location: Bolton||Postcode Area: BL1|
|Salary/Hour: £144.30 per week||Hours: 37|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-C or equivalent in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Happy and fun
- Professional attitude to their role
- Being active and helpful
- Reflective and enthusiastic
- Prompt timekeeping
Apprentice Nursery Assistant | Bolton School Nursery
Whilst working at the nursery you will:
• To assist the Nursery Manager and other senior members of staff in the promotion and maintenance of a warm, stimulating and caring environment.
• To attend to any child’s physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs whilst offering the child the opportunity to advance in their language development.
• To supervise children at snack and mealtimes, nurturing good manners and social skills.
• To assist in the planning, implementation and participation in variety of activities by age/stage of development appropriate to the child.
• To be aware of each child’s ability encouraging and developing their self-esteem and independence during the day.
• To reflect non-racial and non-sexist attitudes through good nursery practice when dealing with children and parents at the Nursery. To welcome advice and assistance from our multi-cultural co-ordinator.
• To recognise the role that parents have already played in the early education of their child and that their continued involvement is crucial to successful learning.
• In consultation with the Nursery Manager, team leaders and parents, assist in identifying a suitable care plan when accommodating children with special needs.
• To ensure that the nursery is a safe and healthy environment. To report any concerns or problems to our health and safety co-ordinator, who in turn will advise the Nursery Manager / Deputy Manager.
• To seek advice of a designated first aider in the event of a child having an accident at nursery. To ensure completion of any necessary documentation at the time.
• To ensure and maintain the health, personal hygiene and dignity of each child in the Nursery.
• To carry out any other duties as may be required within the position of Nursery Nurse. To implement the necessary health and safety, fire, accident and emergency procedures in accordance with Bolton School Nursery’s policies.
• To carry out all nursery tasks in accordance with the shift/rota system. It may be necessary to carry out additional duties, temporarily, in the absence of colleagues.
• To liaise with colleagues when finishing a shift, advising them of any information which is to be relayed to the parents when the child is collected from Nursery
• Excellent communication skills and the highest standards of nursery practice are required when liaising with our client group.
• To maintain a professional, friendly yet constructive relationship with parents of children at our Nursery and with prospective visiting parents.
• Any problems arising with any parent or child must initially be discussed with your team leader or Deputy Manager.
• To attend monthly staff meetings, occasional parents evenings and open mornings as and when required.
• To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people in School.
The successful applicant will also work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children & Young People's Workforce. You will gain an NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills.