Data Centre Technician Apprentice
|Vacancy Ref: VC0322||Sector: Electrical Engineering|
|Location: Trafford||Postcode Area: M32|
|Salary/Hour: £150.00 per week||Hours: 37.5|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE A-C in Maths and English or equivalent|
Skills & Qualities:
• Flexibility in approach and style
• Up-to-date technical knowledge
• Proactive approach to internal team working
• Expert and agile influencing style
• High levels of attention to detail
• Highly developed planning and prioritisation skills, ability to manage own workflow
• Expert customer management and customer service skills - positive approach
• Proactive approach to solutions: common sense approach
• Takes pride in brilliant work
• High standard of written and verbal communication
• Project management of on-site works and projects.
• Maintenance of critical buildings and their systems, PDU’s, Fire Suppression, AHU’s, UPS’s, Generators, Cooling Systems, LV Switchgear, lighting and BMS systems.
• Proactive reporting and recommendations.
• Contractor supervision including the issue and verification of permit to works, limitation of access, RAMS and the company safety/electrical rules are followed.
• Issues technical change instructions/recommendations to the DC manager.
• Responsibility of services which have a particular impact on infrastructure.
• Maintain a proactive review and update of the DC Risk Register.
• On-call and callout.
• Performs site inspections and monitors the building BMS alarms and environment monitoring.
• Performs regular preventative maintenance on site.