Apprentice Nursery Assistant
|Vacancy Ref: VC0235||Sector: Children & Young People's Workforce|
|Location: Bury||Postcode Area: BL8|
|Salary/Hour: £148.00 per week||Hours: 40|
|Entry Qualifications: A-D GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English|
Skills & Qualities:
- Willingness to work towards qualification – NVQ Level 2/3
- Excellent communication skills with both adults and children
- Ability to work as part of a team undertaking duties as required
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Must be reliable and understand the need for excellent attendance.
- Display a genuine enthusiasm for the role and the ability to nurture and value all children.
- A willingness to learn new skills and undertake Continuous Professional Development.
- Display a commitment to the Protection and Safeguarding of children.
- To be self-motivated, enthusiastic and work on own initiative
- To follow all of our Policies and Procedures ensuring children’s safety is paramount at all times.
- To be able to maintain our high standards and expectations.
Apprentice Nursery Assistant | Little Holcombe Nursery
Join our "Outstanding" Ofsted team you will learn the vital work experience and knowledge to develop and learn the skills and qualities it is to become a nursery practitioner.
Your duties will include:
1. To contribute towards providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for the children within your charge.
2. Nurture, love and care for the children in your room, ensuring all their needs are met.
3. To provide positive relationships with other colleagues within your room and throughout the nursery.
4. To be responsible for your key worker children and maintain a high standard of assessment level.
5. To contribute towards making sure that all Ofsted standards are being fulfilled and carried out daily.
6. To maintain a very high standard of dress, speech, discipline manners and conduct within your room and throughout the nursery.
7. To work in partnership with the management team and carry out any duties requested by them and/or your head of room.
8. Sign to say you have read the Management Advisory file and carry out/follow ALL the policies and procedures in place at Little Holcombe /Tower View Nursery.
9. To work in partnership with parents providing them with a day sheet on a daily basis (for children 0-3 years) making sure all the information is correct.
10. To work alongside parents of any children within your care who may have special needs and help to provide support and positive encouragement at all times.
11. To maintain positive relationships with all staff members within the nursery not just the staff in your room.
12. To carry out daily cleaning duties i.e. sweeping and mopping, wiping down surfaces, hoovering etc.
13. Preparation of meals and snacks
14. Carrying out daily risk assessments on the environment/activity to protect the children/staff/visitors from harm.
15. Ensuring the child’s safety at all times i.e. making sure they are supervised appropriately during activities inside and out, this also includes reporting any personal health issues to the management team.
16. To attend internal and external training outside of working hours.
The successful applicant will also work towards an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Children & Young People's Workforce. You will gain an NVQ Level 2 and Functional Skills.