Level 3 Health & Social Care Advanced Apprenticeship
Who is this Qualification for?
- Learners who have completed a Level 2 qualification and wish to progress on their career pathway
- Learners who are in a senior role in their workplace
- Learners who have 2 or 3 years of experience working as a Care/Support Worker but have no level 2 qualification
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates should have/be:
- Ideally you will be 18+ but you can undertake a Level 3 qualification from 16
- You need to be employed in a health and social care organisation and have significant experience (at least 1 year)
- You will need to be at level 1 in literacy and numeracy
- To have a DBS check
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to lead
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be able to commit to the time needed to undertake this qualification
- Be prepared to be challenged as you will need to learn research techniques, evaluate and analyses information and improve your Functional skills
What is the duration of the course?
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care takes approximately 12 to 18 months to complete.
How can I progress in Health & Social Care?
After completing the Level 3 Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care, you can then progress onto the Level 4 or 5 Apprenticeship. Once you have achieved the qualification it will enable you to work as a Team Leader, Deputy Manager and you could progress onto an Access to Nursing Course.
What Qualifications will I gain?
1. The Level 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care:
The National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) will be gained through on the job training and the assessment of this.
2. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR):
Employment Rights and Responsibilities cover legislation and other key policies you need to know and understand, relevant to your job role.
3. Functional Skills in English,
Functional Skills are qualifications in Maths,
4. PLTS (Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills):
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS:
- Independent Enquirers
- Creative Thinkers
- Reflective Learners
- Team Workers
- Effective Participators