Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
Why choose a Dental Nursing Apprenticeship with us?
We offer Dental Nursing Apprenticeships throughout Greater Manchester in partnership with Dentrain Professionals Ltd. Dental Nursing is the correct route if you want to become a Dental Nurse. It is a vocational, work based course which gives you the opportunity to earn while you learn. If you want to gain a nationally recognised qualification at the same time as gaining valuable work experience in a Dental environment, this is the course for you.
What does a Dental Nursing Apprentice do?
- Assists the dentist in treating the patient
- Prepares the Surgery
- Checks stock
- Clears down and decontaminates the work area
- Ensures the patient is happy, comfortable and reassured at all times
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should:
- A good level of literacy and numeracy (taught if required)
- Been a resident in the country for the last 3 years. We cannot accept international students who require a visa
- Not already gained a level 3 qualification in a similar area to Dental Nursing or a Level 4 in any area
What is the duration of the course?
The Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship takes approximately 15 months to complete.
How can I progress in Dental Nursing?
On successful completion of the course and qualification, you will be able to register as a Dental Care Professional (DCP) with the General Dental Council (GDC). Only registered DCP’s or trainee/apprentice dental nurses who are on an accredited course are legally allowed to work in surgery.
What Qualifications will I gain?
1. The Level 3 NVQ in Dental Nursing:
The National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) will be gained through on the job training and the assessment of this.
2. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR):
Employment Rights and Responsibilities cover legislation and other key policies you need to know and understand, relevant to your job role.
3. Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT:
Functional Skills are qualifications in Maths, English and ICT that equip learners with the practical skills needed to learn, live and work successfully.
4. PLTS (Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills):
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS:
- Independent Enquiry
- Creative Thinking
- Reflective Learning
- Team Working
- Effective Participation