Level 3 Diploma in Childcare: Early Years Educator
What work tasks would a Level 2 Childcare Apprentice complete?
- Contribute to the observation, assessment and planning processes of the setting
- Support children who are experiencing transitions
- Contribute to and implement Health and Safety within workplace
- Develop a positive environment that is inclusive and meets children’s individual needs
- Work effectively and in partnership with colleagues,
- Reflect on practice within own role
- Support children to learn and develop within their early years through purposeful play and stimulation
- Safeguard children
- Develop, maintain and support relationships between children and others
- Support positive behaviour and respond to inappropriate behaviour
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must be aged 16 or over and should have:
- Minimum GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
- A warm, caring, patient nature
- Good communication skills
- A sense of responsibility
- The ability to use their initiative and think on their feet
- Ambition and drive
- Passion for the role
- A sense of humour
- Good levels of physical fitness
- Creative ideas
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
What is the duration of the course?
A Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Childcare takes approximately 14 months to complete (Dependant on the candidate).
How can I progress in Childcare?
your Level 3 Diploma you may wish to progress further by enrolling on to the
Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies (L4&L5).
What Qualifications will I gain?
1. The Level 3 Diploma in Childcare: Early Years Educator (QCF)
The QCF qualification will be gained through on the job training and assessment.
2. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR):
Employment Rights and Responsibilities cover legislation and other key policies you need to know and understand, relevant to your job role.
3. Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT Level 2:
Functional Skills are qualifications in Maths, English and ICT that equip learners with the practical skills needed to learn, live and work successfully. (GCSE A-C Maths and English is a requirement to be able to undertake the level 3 EYE)
4. PLTS (Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills):
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS:
- Independent Enquirers
- Creative Thinkers
- Reflective Learners
- Team Workers
- Effective Participators