Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies (Level 4 & 5)
Why choose a Foundation Degree with us?
Alliance Learning is working in partnership with the University of Bolton to deliver the Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies. This is a work based course that enables you to further develop your skills of working with young children and widen your job opportunities. This course combines lectures, group work and workshop sessions and independent research and throughout the course you will be applying your theoretical knowledge to practice both in group work and the work setting. Your work experience is an integral part of the programme and while you are on the course you will be visited by a placement tutor who will observe your practice and support your professional development.
What will be expected of you as an Undergraduate?
- To develop and extend appropriate knowledge and skills to underpin work in the early year's sector, recognising the need to embrace new developments
- To develop flexible practitioners able to work within and across professional boundaries
- To produce students with a strong academic and vocational background for employment in the Early Years sector or progression into further academic programmes of study
- To develop transferable skills for use in the workplace
- To develop as a reflective practitioner and setting this in a life‐long learning context
- To develop a critical awareness of current issues within childcare studies and practice
- To develop proficiency in professional and practical skills associated with their area of expertise
- To uphold the Bolton values of social, public and ethical responsibility and environmental sustainability.
What are the entry requirements?
- Minimum GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent (2 A-Levels)
- Experience within the early year's sector
- Enhanced and clear Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate
What is the duration of the course?
2 years full time ‐ £9,000 per year
3 years part time ‐ £6,000 per year
This programme is fully funded through a student loan
This programme will run 1 day per week from 6:00pm-9:00pm at Alliance Learning
How can I progress in Early Years Education?
After completing your Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies you may want to progress by enrolling onto the BA Hons Degree (Top-up) in Early Childhood Studies.
What Qualifications will I gain?
Foundation Degree in Early Years Childhood Studies (Level 4 and Level 5).