Course Overview (Benefits)
This developing effective telephone skills training course will enable delegates to develop, or refresh, the techniques and skills required to make and take calls effectively. They will learn and practice methods for giving and receiving information logically and clearly, building rapport and dealing with difficult callers. The aim of this course is to ensure delegates can:
- Encourages people to critically reflect on their customer service skills and proactively solicit feedback
on their delivery in order to make sustainable improvements in their practice for the good of the
- The Telephone Techniques component looks at accuracy of message taking, techniques for handling
challenging/difficult callers, effective listening, right first time attitude, how to ensure you always have
the customer at the forefront of everything you do.
- We ask people to really think about their own approach to Customer Service: what sparks their
passion, what do they pride themselves in, how do they value people, how do they take personal
- We ask people to look at what their organisational values are – what does your employer expect from
you? What’s the company Mission Statement / Values / Vision / Strategy?
- We discuss what organisational policies and procedures they need to know about in order to deliver
excellent Customer Service.
- Group, paired and individual activities, purposely designed to elicit knowledge and to provoke
thinking, bringing experiences from the workplace