Course Overview (Benefits)
This course enables delegates to use any reach fork lift truck up to a 5000kg lifting capacity. The reach trucks are most commonly used indoors in a warehousing environment. The aim of this course:
- Improved safety culture and staff morale
- Reduced risk of accidents and incidents
- Reduced risks of claims and prosecutions
- The safe operation of a fork lift truck in areas including factories, stores, warehouses, goods yards and heavy haulage depots
• This course is aimed at complete novice candidates who have never driven the truck
• All courses and material will be presented in native English language using high visual content, but the course assumes a reasonable understanding of English, both written and verbal, on every delegate’s part
Suitable footwear should be worn.
All candidates will be registered with NORS, this service is included in the cost of the course. If you wish to purchase a NORS photo ID card an additional charge of £20 is required on the day of training.
Course Content/Topics Covered
This course ensures that delegates gain a better understanding of current legislation and gain skills which will ensure safe use of the reach fork lift truck. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to the lift truck to be used
- Weight assessment
- Controls and instruments
- Handling laden and unladen pallets
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Driving on/off ramps and inclines
- Steering the truck
- Road vehicle loading and unloading
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stacking/de-stacking, in-racking & free standing
- Pre-use inspection
- Course review and evaluation
Course Duration (days):
This course is designed for candidates with no prior experience of lift truck operation.
Assessment and Certification
You will complete a multiple choice question assessments, pre-use inspection tests and a practical based tests throughout the duration of the course. Once you have passed the assessments, you will be issued with an RTITB certificate with a photo ID card. These are currently valid for 3 years.
Method of Delivery: