Course Overview (Benefits)
This course equips all attendees working within the childcare sector with a sound knowledge and understanding of adult, child and baby first aid procedures. All attendees will also be able to recognise childhood medical conditions and carry out the correct emergency treatment required until medical professionals arrive to assist. The course:
- Follows the recommendations of EYFS and OFSTED
- Improves safety culture and staff morale
- Focuses on emergency scenarios that face professionals looking after young children and infants, including teachers, playgroup leaders, childcare providers, au pairs, nannies and child minders, these professions often have to prove they have a specific Paediatric First Aid qualification.
Suitable clothing for floor work is required as learners are expected to complete a practical demonstration.
Course Content/Topics Covered
This course is subject to ongoing assessment by the tutor throughout the course. There is a multiple choice theory assessment throughout the course
- Primary Assessment
- CPR, Adult, Child, Baby
- Allergies and Anaphylactic Shock
- Wounds & Bleeding
- Electric Shock
- Burns & Scalds
- Dressings & Bandages
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Secondary Survey & Recovery Position
- Epilepsy & Febrile Convulsions
- Conditions of heat and cold
- Sickle Cell Anaemia
Course Duration (days):
Employees working within the childcare/early years sector.
Assessment and Certification
You will be assessed by continuous observation by the trainer alongside a multiple choice theory assessment and a short practical assessment. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Paediatric First Aid certificate; this will be valid for 3 years.
Method of Delivery: