Apprentice Lift Engineer
|Vacancy Ref: VC0130||Sector: Mechanical Engineering|
|Location: Chorley||Postcode Area: PR6|
|Salary/Hour: £4.73/hour||Hours: 38 hours|
|Entry Qualifications: GCSE Grades A-D Maths/ English / Science|
Skills & Qualities:
- Have an aptitude for electrical and mechanical work
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Be able to understand engineering drawings and principles
- Have good communication and customer care skills
- Be able to plan and organise workloads
- Be able to work without close supervision
- Be computer literate for interrogating microprocessor control systems
Working with qualified experienced lift engineers and training to use mechanical and electrical skills to carry out the following:
- Installation – setting out and fitting lifts, lifting gear, and ancillary equipment; and commissioning equipment.
- Refurbishment – replacing or upgrading single or multiple lift components, panel displays, communication systems, buttons, control, drive, door systems, lighting etc.
We travel from site to site and conditions will depend on the type of project ranging from construction sites to occupied buildings.
Please note that you would be required to attend Alliance Learning as part of a day release programme.