Course Overview (Benefits)
This course is for trainees who require Adult Mental Health First Aid. It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress.
This course aims to empower both individuals in the work place and communities to understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and how best to support themselves and those around them in recovery.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of the course students should be aware of that some people can find certain parts of the course difficult, although our instructors help everyone to feel safe and comfortable
Course Content/Topics Covered
• To enable trainees to gain a Mental Health First Aid (England) award in Adult - Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
• Spot the early signs of a possible mental health issue
• Feel confident in how to offer and provide initial help to a person experiencing a mental health issue
• Preserve life where a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
• Help to stop mental health from getting worse and to give hope to someone who needs guidance
• Promote recovery of good mental health
• Guide someone towards appropriate treatment and other sources of help
• Understand the stigma that exists around mental health
• Provide help on a first aid basis
Course Duration (days):
Assessment and Certification
Trainees must attend all training sessions and are assessed throughout.
Method of Delivery: