Constructing Capital Plant Steel Structures (Erecting) NVQ Level 3
NVQ Level 3
The aim of this qualification is to validate the competence of site-based individuals working in the engineering construction industry against national standards. The qualification focuses on the skills craftsperson’s need in their daily working life, giving employer’s confidence in the level of competence of their employers.
14 units: 10 mandatory and 4 optional
• Contribute to effective working relationships
• Work safely, minimize risk and comply with emergency procedures
• Identify and deal with hazards in the work environment
• Prepare structural steel loads for moving
• Move structural steel loads
• Position and erect steel structures
• Erect structural steel sections
• Dismantle structural steel sections
• Reinstate the work area after completing structural steel activities
• Store structural steel related resources for further use
Optional Units (Candidates choose four units from the following options):
• Determine resource requirements to achieve steel erecting
• Prepare work areas for steel erecting activities
• Prepare materials required for steel erecting activities
• Prepare equipment required for steel erecting activities
• Check that the steel structure is installed to specification
• Determine technical requirements to achieve steel erecting objectives
Delegates will receive approximately 8-10 visits from an in-house assessor.
To request further information about this course simply click on 'Request for further information' at the bottom of this page or call our Sales Team on 0845 257 5342.