Basic Mechanical Maintenance
EMTA Awards Limited (EAL) is a leading UK awarding body for National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and their Scottish equivalents (SVQs) in the Engineering and Technology sector. On completion of the course, delegates will receive an EAL unit of competence.
This course aims to provide basic working knowledge and practical experience in basic mechanical/fitting skills.
This course is designed for delegates who wish to gain mechanical skills, suitable for both electrical installation and maintenance personnel.
• Measuring/marking out to include datums/guidelines, angles etc.
• Bench fitting:
- Safely using – drilling machine, pedestal grinder, shaping machine
• Filing surfaces – flat and square, curved and angular
• Removing surplus materials by – sawing, chiselling and shaping
• Producing holes to include – drilling, reaming, countersinking
• Drill grinding, key fitting, pulley and shaft alignment
• Drive belts, holding devices, bearings (fitting and extraction)
• Course review and evaluation
Please telephone for dates.