Basic Welding T.A.G. NVQ Level 2
Tungsten Active Gas
EMTA Awards Limited (EAL) is a leading UK awarding body for National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and their Scottish equivalents (SVQs) in the Engineering and Technology sector. On completion of the course, delegates will receive an EAL unit of competence.
This course aims to provide basic working knowledge and practical experience in TAG welding for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Approx. 10 days
This course is designed for candidates with no prior knowledge or experience.
• Practice in safely using TAG welding equipment to include:
- Setting of electrical conditions
- Assembling and setting equipment
- Tack Welding
• Preparation and practice in the following welding techniques:
- Setting up and depositing of single butt weld
- Set up and welding of tee joints in; Downhand; Vertical; Horizontal
• Course review and evaluation
This course is also available for delivery on customer's premises (subject to site facilities) - price on application.
Available upon request.