Health & Social Care Apprenticeships
The number of people requiring care in society is rising and skilled staff are needed to help clients get the best from life and maintain as much independence as possible. Caring is an important role and can be extremely rewarding. There is now a range of job roles within the Care Sector.
What does the course involve?
• Working with adults with a variety of needs in a nursing home, supporting someone on their own accommodation or in a group living situation. The care sector often involves working shifts and unsocial hours.
• This is a challenging but rewarding career and as you progress through your qualifications your career could lead into management and nursing.
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests....
• A warm, caring, patient nature
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and physical communication skills
• A suitable level of physical fitness may be necessary in order to perform some aspects of the job roles, for example, lifting and handling
The programme consists of the following five areas:
1. Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
2. Level 2 or 3 Technical Certificate in Health & Social Care
3. Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT.
4. Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
5. PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills)
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS: Independent Enquiry, Creative Thinking, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Self-managing, Effective Participation.