Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship & Electronic Engineering Apprenticeships
Electrical engineering technicians install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and controls across a wide range of industries. An electrical engineering apprenticeship or an electronic engineering apprenticeship is an ideal way of starting a career in this field.
What does the course involve?
Working on electrical voltages, fault finding, working from circuits, wiring and layout Diagrams (electrical and electronic)
• Implementing repairs and rectifying faults
• Using testing equipment, megger, test lamp, multimeter
• Implementation of safety procedures for
•Removal of fuses
•Permits to work
•Installing and maintaining plant equipment
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests....
• Practical hand skills for handling tools
• Analytical problem solving skills
• Mathematical ability and understanding of scientific principles
• Candidates must have good colour vision
• Ability to read circuit diagrams
• Concentration with attention to detail
• Safety awareness is essential
The programme consists of the following five areas:
1.Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations or Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
2.Technical Certificate Level 2 or 3 in Electrical Engineering.
3. Key Skills in Application of Number, Communication and ICT.
4. Employment Responsibilities and Rights (ERR)
5. PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills)
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS: Independent Enquiry, Creative Thinking, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Self-managing, Effective Participation.