Alliance Learning offers Business Administration Apprenticeships throughout Greater Manchester, if you want to become an Office Manager, Personal Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary or an Administrator, this is the course for you!
What does the course involve?
• Handling a range of computer or paper based tasks relating to the routine aspects of running companies and organisations.
• Working effectively with other team members, planning and organising work to meet requirements.
• Filing, faxing, photocopying, dealing with mail, answering telephone.
Interested candidates should have the following skills & interests....
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Keyboard and computer skills.
• Able to work quickly and accurately.
• Spoken and written communication skills relating to working with colleagues, other departments, outside companies and members of the public.
• An eye for detail.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Problem solving ability.
The programme consists of the following four areas:
1.The NVQ in Business and Administration
The Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business and Administration which consists of 21 credits.
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration which consists of 40 credits.
2.The Technical Certificate
The L2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration consists of 13 credits.
The L3 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration consists of 17 credits.
(Employment Rights and Responsibilities is also included in the Techical Certificate)
3. Key Skills / Functional Skills in Application of Number, Communication and ICT.
4. PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills)
These are generic skills that are essential to life, learning and work. There are 6 PLTS: Independent Enquiry, Creative Thinking, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Self-managing, Effective Participation.